Ruben E. Socarras, Esq., a founding member of Chane Socarras, PLLC, focuses his practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation, business law, employment law, and general civil litigation. As an experienced litigator, Ruben often represents individuals and businesses in a variety of cases before state and federal courts, including cases involving contract disputes, temporary/permanent injunctions, torts, trade secrets, unfair competition, non-competition/non-solicitation agreements, fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, employment related disputes, real estate and title claims, business dissolution, and shareholder/member disputes.
Direct: (561) 756-9469
Office: (561) 609-3190 Ext. 205
Fax: (561) 708-6616
Ruben also represents his clients before arbitration panels and in mediations, among other types of alternative dispute resolution proceedings. He regularly represents clients throughout the U.S. and from a wide variety of industries, including internet law and performance/affiliate marketing, technology, healthcare, staffing, insurance, marine, private aviation, and real estate and development. As a result, Ruben regularly handles complex commercial disputes, specifically advising clients on how to avoid litigation as well as managing it once it occurs. In addition to litigation, Ruben is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, and also serves as outside general counsel to various corporate clients and often assists with their business transactional needs, including contract preparation and negotiations.
Ruben received his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida in 2000, and law degree from the Stetson University College of Law in 2003. He is a member of the Florida Bar, South Palm Beach County Bar Association, and Broward County Bar Association. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, United States Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of Florida, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Ruben is rated AV Preeminent, which is Martindale-Hubbell’s highest peer review rating based on a legal professional’s skills and ethics. Recently, he was voted as one of Florida’s Legal Elite by Florida Trend for 2020 and, for the past eleven years, Ruben has been selected in the Florida Super Lawyers annual publication, including the first five years on the Rising Stars list. Additionally, Ruben is a member of the Internet Law Leadership Summit (ILLS), which holds semi-annual meetings and is comprised of attorneys who practice in the areas of internet law, intellectual property and technology throughout the United States.
A native of South Florida, Ruben co-founded and serves as a board of directors of a non-profit organization benefiting children in the local community stricken with serious or terminal illnesses. Ruben has also been actively involved with the University of Florida Alumni Association and local bar associations.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.A.
- State of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- AV Preeminent® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 (Business Litigation)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 (Business Litigation)
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2020
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms List in Florida, 2020 (Commercial Litigation)
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Up and Comer, 2016
- SFBW Up & Comers Awards, Finalist (Law, Palm Beach Co.), 2015
- ALM South Florida’s Top Rated Lawyers, 2012